Contributors

12 June, 2012

The beacon 

On the 4th of June -the Queens diamond jubilee - myself and Beth .H. went to St. Andrews church in Gorleston to see a beacon being lit.There were over 4,000 beacons being lit all around the U.K to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee!
If you don`t know what  a beacon is, it is kind of like a big torch that's used for signaling or to mark an extremely special event.
It was Beth's little brothers 7th birthday, so we went to see to beacon being lit as a kind of birthday present  since it was a very late night for him.
It was very interesting seeing the people on top of the church tower because there was Daniel (the church curate) shouting the time to us so we knew how long till the beacon would be lit.There were the two church wardens Brian and Mike (but we have no idea how Mike got up there because he is blind!)there was also Beth and Jamie's uncle Mark up there.
Beth and Jamie went absolutely  bonkers singing a song that goes like this : ( Beth made it up herself)

The union jack,
the union jack,
is the best flag in the world;
the union jack,
the union jack,
is worth much more than a thousand pearls!


Over all we all had a wonderful time and I slept round as well!


By Abbey and Beth!!!!!!





3 comments:

  1. Sounds fun. I'm really not surprised about the song as Beth is always making up silly songs. I know because I have to listen to them. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Charlot-tee!
      You do know anyone in the world can read this!
      You and Abbey are making me sound like a total wierdo!
      (Even though I am!)

      Delete
  2. Sounds fun. I'm really not surprised about the song as Beth is always making up silly songs. I know because I have to listen to them. LOL!

    ReplyDelete