Contributors

01 June, 2012

Diamond Jubilee party

Today we had a Diamond Jubilee party to celebrate the Queen's 60 years on the throne.We were meant to eat our food that we had made outside but unfortunately the weather let us all down but I was lucky in the morning time as me, Charlotte, Morgan, Abbey.S, Abigail, Mollie, Callum, Harry and Beth were helping the reception teacher -Mrs Spinks- ice some of the biscuits for the party but most of the biscuitsWere fragile and kept breaking! After we had done the icing we had to clean up, cut out some of the children's lions that they had coloured in for their hats, take the biscuits to the DT area, sow elastic onto the girls hats, stick some pictures of the children into their memory book and take some pictures of the children in their hats holding their place mats and flags that they had made especially for the celebration. 


Sneakily, when Mrs Spinks was out of the classroom everyone dipped their finger in the left over red icing but the icing tasted like tomato puree -which everyone hated including me- and then went and spat it out outside or washed it down with water.

When we actually came to eating the hardened red icing it ended up tasting like tomato ketchup and I think everyone hated it. 
There was another bit of icing on the other end which was blue and that tasted really nice but my tongue and my teeth went a bit blue.



Overall today was a good day and I enjoyed helping Mrs Spinks and the party :)

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You missed me out, I helped Mrs Spinks too:( But great blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you? Oh sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elisha i really h8ed the red icing as well -I should hopefully get my phone back fingers crossed lol- :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't like the red icing either :Z

    ReplyDelete
  7. some of us chopped up veg as well that was fun!

    ReplyDelete